Monday, September 7, 2009

A Better Disposable Towelette


As a rule, I avoid using disposable cleansing wipes, for either my face or my house. (My kid's bottom? Well, that's another story.)

Still, I couldn't resist making an exception when I came across these new Organic wear Facial Makeup Remover Towelettes from Physicians Formula. The towelettes are 100% biodegradable, and, according to the label, 10% of the total ingredients are produced from organic farming. (Those ingredients include organic orange water, organic lavender essential oil, and organic aloe vera extract.) They're soft, they smell good, and they seem to effectively remove the mineral makeup I wear.

But really, I bought them simply because I thought the tin can–style packaging was adorable, and I'm a sucker for packaging. 

Disposable cleansing wipes, no matter how organic they are, will never be the best, most eco-friendly way to clean your face. But if you're not willing to give up the can't-beat-it-convenience they offer, at least now there's a better option.

No comments:

Post a Comment