Sunday, August 9, 2009

Natural Eyes


I have short, wimpy eyelashes, so mascara is one of my must-have products. But I'm picky about my products. For a long time I shunned drugstore brands, and I confess that I've never quite understood the allure of a certain company's famous pink-tubed formula.

But a new crop of natural mascaras, including drugstore brands like Physician's Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Mascara, with its cute leaf-shaped applicator handle, and Almay pure blends volumizing mascara, led me to my neighborhood Ulta store.

I've been using the Almay mascara, and... I like it. The formula is 97.5% natural and gives me thick-but-natural looking lashes. And the not-too-big brush (I hate some of the new jumbo brushes on mascara formulas today—so unwieldy!) allows for a precise application, even to those teeny corner lashes. My only quibble is that I have a habit of picking at my lashes (which may explain why they're short and wimpy) and this mascara flakes off easily. Still, I'd buy it again. And at roughly $7.00 a tube, I can afford to.

No comments:

Post a Comment