Friday, February 20, 2009

Good (Natural) Stuff From the CEW Beauty Awards Product Demonstration

Earlier this week I attended the Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) Beauty Awards Product Demonstration — an annual event that puts more than 600 new products on display for CEW members and the press to sniff, smear, and sample. Need I say that I love attending this event?

Usually, I wander the aisles and stop at every table that catches my eye (either because of the products on display or the free candy). But this year I focused on finding fabulous makeup and skin care products with natural ingredients. I wasn't disappointed.
Some of my favorites included:
  • Jurlique's Purely Age-Defying Range. I'm a big fan of Jurlique. The company makes fantastic, high-quality (and pricey) products with ingredients that are hand-harvested from an organic farm in South Australia. This new four-item line includes a facial serum, eye cream, night lotion, and refining treatment. I tried the serum, and am looking forward to testing the full line.
  • bareMinerals 100% Natural Lipgloss. Pretty colors, nice shimmer, and a thick-but-not-too-gloopy formula made from natural oils, Brazilian Cupuacu butter, flower extracts and mineral colorants. This item launches in May... stay tuned for more details.
  • Tarte Full Blossom Natural Swirl Cheek Stain. Tarte is another company I love, even more so now that it has revamped its product line to remove yucky ingredients like parabens and phthalates. I love my Cheek Stain in Blushing Bride, but this new version, with two shades swirled together, is too pretty to pass up.
  • Pangea Organics Facial Scrub. This gentle scrub is made with Egyptian geranium, adzuki beans and cranberry, as well as organic shea butter, sweet almond oil, and organic evening primrose oil. It smells good, and it's scrubby enough without being too rough on the skin. As an added bonus, the box it comes in can be soaked in water and then planted. The result: A sweet basil plant. How cool is that?

1 comment:

  1. I love that idea, the planting of the box. I love to reuse stuff, and this one is reused into something edible! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete